A relationship between a company and community does not have to be nurtured solely via financial or non-financial donations.
The best companies utilize community help to develop inner motivation, sense of meaningfulness, and proactivity in their employees. Involve your colleagues and talk your boss into corporate volunteering.
What Corporate Volunteering is about
Corporate volunteering represents a fast-spreading form of corporate philanthropy where a company actively involves its employees in community support and volunteering activities. Time, energy, skills and competences are being invested instead of financial or non-financial donations. If an employee volunteer programme is setup correctly, it should be beneficial to all – an NGO, local community, and a company and its employees as well.
We distinguish the following types of volunteering activities:
- professional - related to a company’s focus of activity (expert volunteering, e.g. pro bono) / non-professional
- manual / social (in touch with a client) / intellectual help
- individual / collective
- one-time / regular
Corporate volunteers may engage in various areas of activities, such as environment, education, social services, animals care, culture, protection of historical monuments, and so on.
What Benefits It Brings to a Company
- via corporate volunteering the company contributes to positive changes in its surroundings and the whole country;
- builds a positive brand image – the company is being viewed on as a good neighbour;
- wins new regional and local contracts;
- develops a positive workplace culture;
- increases employees‘ loyalty by connecting company’s values to their personal values;
- provides employees with a unique opportunity to develop their communication skills and creativity;
- opens up to innovations and unconventional procedures thanks to the contact with the non-profit sector; and
- offers employees unique and entertaining possibilities for teambuilding activities.
Does your company need help to embark upon a corporate volunteering programme or with organization of events? We are happy to help
What It Brings to Employees
- a great feeling that they could contribute to a positive change in their community;
- a sense of meaningfulness which is being transferred also to their daily tasks at work;
- improvement of interpersonal relationships at workplace;
- development of leadership and communication skills;
- establishing relations with the non-governmental sector (often develop into permanent ones).
Would you like to become a part of the biggest corporate volunteering event in the Central Europe? Join Our City
How NGOs Benefit
- manual help is provided where needed;
- professional skills that help improve the quality and functioning of an NGO are delivered;
- relations with the corporate sector are established (often develop into a flourishing long-term cooperation).
Could you use a hand and do not know where to ask for it? Ask us
Business Leaders Forum
How to Start with Corporate Volunteering?
June 27, 2017
Download our recommendations on how helping others adds value to your business.
The eleventh year of Our City is over. THANKS!
June 9, 2017
Our City, the biggest event of corporate volunteering in Central Europe, was breaking records again.
Spring collection achieves record results again
May 26, 2017
Almost 8 tonnes of clothes and other supplies went to refugees, the homeless, and families in need.
Improve your business
Ari Weinzweig from Zingerman´s: The best answers come from your people
October 20, 2014
Co-owner of the popular group of companies known as Zingerman's, will take a part at the Forum on Corporate Philanthropy.