The Pontis Foundation confers the Responsible Large Company Award on companies with over 250 employees for their complex and outstanding approach to corporate social responsibility. If a company is part of a multinational company, its assessment takes into account the adjustment of the company’s global strategy to Slovak conditions and its quality domestic activities. An independent committee evaluates measures taken in the following areas:
- corporate social responsibility management – a choice of relevant themes, strategy, aims and their measurement, communication with the company’s relevant partners – stakeholders, strategic partnerships, innovative approach, CSR reporting;
- environmental impact management – particular activities aimed at reducing a business’s negative impact and increasing its positive impact on the environment;
- ethics – for example, the implementation of ethical principles and principles of transparency in a company’s internal processes, their monitoring and evaluation, anti-corruption and anti-trust measures and mechanisms;
- attitude toward employees, for example, equal opportunities for employees and applicants, activities in the area of health protection and safety, workplace diversity, working conditions for employees and their education, corporate volunteering, etc.;
- responsible market operation, innovative products and services, a company’s attitude toward customers, suppliers, competitors, etc.;
- a company’s influence on the community, a company’s activities in corporate philanthropy, donorship, etc.